Saturday, February 2

Ground Hog Day 2019

Another wintry week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. The cold temperatures seem to have finally broken yesterday, but we got a little fresh snow as the bonus! I've come down with a head cold from which I am only beginning to recover. I managed to get out today to clear the driveway, but that was about the limit of my work this week. I've spent some additional time in bed, trying to break the cold, and I feel it has done some good. I had Spanish classes Monday and Wednesday as usual; those went well. I had to cancel out of my teeth cleaning appointment, so I'll have to make that up later. The markets were good most of the week, only turning down on Friday. I've had a great month, and would love to see that continue. My hockey teams are not doing so well entering the second half, but at least Pens and Leafs are in the playoffs at this point; they played this evening, with the Leafs taking a 3-2 win. I need my Oilers to pick up the pace! They lost again today, in OT. Likewise, KU lost early in the week before coming back with a solid win today. They were dropped to #11, and will probably be dropped further when the new rankings come out. Rock Chalk, Jayhawks! The Curling event this week is the Skins Game from Banff. Kevin Koe has advanced to the men's final against Brandon Bottcher, an up-and-coming young team from Alberta. On the women's side, Manitoba Champion, Tracy Fleury, will play Jennifer Jones. 

The Baileys enjoyed a cold and quiet week at home. Erica was back working in PA. Liam visited last weekend, which was great. Now, he's back in Moose Jaw after a snowy weekend, and able to skip the -30° weather. He's still looking for a job. He had an interview this week, so we hope he hears positive news on that or another job, soon. He saved enough money from his fall job to carry him through for a few more weeks. Erica has been asked to take on some short term work in Calgary; she has agreed to do that. Eric has been building his supervisory work through referrals from several sources. He supervises other counsellors trying to build up hours toward clinical status. Haaken is enjoying school in Victoria, and happy to avoid the cold Saskatchewan winter! 

Erin and Kristian worked through some friend issues at school. It took some time and persistence, but eventually it turned out very well. Kristian had bowling this morning, and exactly matched his average! 

Trav & Joanna are back at work, and are keeping quite busy. Gemma and Andrew are working their classes. Andrew got early acceptance to Confederation College, so I guess we're classmates now! 

And that's about enough for this week. 

No comments: