Saturday, May 27

News Update

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior. The weather has been beautiful, and the dandelions are flourishing in my lawns! I gave them a special watering one day, and they're displaying the characteristics signs of suffering that I was hoping for! The lawns are doing well in the surplus of rains we've been enjoying this spring. I'm still considering my gardening options as our summer plans are not set yet. I was able to get out to the golf course a few times, and that's going a bit better. My leg hasn't changed much, but I have a follow-up appointment with my doctor set for next week. I hope some new options are being considered. We have completed financial and legal arrangements for funding the vehicle purchase, so we plan to pick that up next week. Wendy has completed her painting, so I need to get the new fascia applied to the garage. The TSX suffered another red week although the US indices were all in the green. I made some gains, not as much as needed, however, I am still on target for the month. So much for the old saw, "Sell in May and go away." Maybe it's the new witticism, "Even the blind pig finds the odd turnip!" NHL playoffs have worked through another round and both of my picks have moved on to the Cup Finals. I'll be cheering for Pittsburgh, and have also picked them to win, but it won't be easy over the mobile defence and great goaltending in Nashville. Baseball continues, and the Blue Jays are playing a bit better. This weekend they've taken a series from the high-flying Texas Rangers! Yay Jays!

The Baileys had another interesting week. Liam went in to top up his blood supply on Tuesday. Then he complained of chest pains, so back to the doctor only to find out that the pain is a good sign, or at least a normal sign. He had a bit more blood work and goes back next week. Work has been busy for Erica this week. It seems that all her files are coming due at once—she is pushing through. Eric, Erica and Liam continue to look at houses and debate whether or not they want that responsibility again. Where they are is fine, but with the four of them and only one shower—they often wish for more. And they don't have the space to host friends or visitors easily. Then again, they have the freedom to come and go and not worry about repairs. They are looking at another place today.

Erin had a very intriguing day on Tuesday. She was called for Jury Duty, and put in a long day of preliminaries for a three-person murder trial before finally being excused. Kristian is taking new interest in cycling, so we're planning to take along some more options for him when we travel west in June.

Travis & Joanna are planning and working on yard developments this spring. They're planning to replace a flowerbed in the back with some new sod. They got a new 40W battery-powered lawn mower this week. We'll be interested to see how it performs.

And that's enough for this week. 

No comments: