Saturday, December 20

News Update

Another week of comfortable temperatures on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. It's reached above zero most days, and we've only had a little precipitation in the forms of rain and snow. I continue to cough; my latest theory is that I've suffered three separate cold infections. I was feeling quite well this week, and then I noticed I was sneezing—the harbinger of an oncoming cold for me. I vaguely recall this happening about two weeks ago as well, so I'm blaming my little ankle-biters on the school bus for infecting me multiple times! On the other hand, they came across with a nice haul of goodies and Tim's cards this week, so that counts for something! The markets have been volatile, and although I was ready to start buying on Wednesday, the rapid increases in value made it difficult for me to get in, so I only have a small amount in the market at this time, but I was at least able to make quota for the week. All indices remain red for the month despite the record recovery experienced this week. The Canadian Open ended on Sunday with Brad Gushue winning his second slam event of the season, and Eve Muirhead winning the women's side. I continue to watch Jayhawk college basketball—they're winning! I'm also paying a bit of attention to college football this year as they have a partial playoff system. Hockey, especially the Junior World Championship, will be a focus over the Christmas holidays. The NHL season is not really far enough along to capture much attention yet. 
Bus Driver Bill scores!

Erica has completed her work in Parksville; she and Haaken are flying to Saskatchewan today. Liam is out of school for the break, and has been hanging out with Kristian the last few days. We're looking forward to our reunion with them all, and checking out their new digs in Prince Albert. They have accepted an offer on the Kenora house, so we wait, thankfully, for that to be completed in due course. 

Erin and Kristian have been keeping a busy schedule with Christmas activities and various ailments. At the end of the week they are also hosting cousin Liam. Kristian is on his school break now; we hope he gets rested up and healthy over the break. We look forward to seeing them soon! 

Trav, Joanna and Gemma have been putting in extra hours getting orders filled and delivered this week. Now, that school's out, they've headed down to Minneapolis for the protest at Mall of America! They plan to get home on Tuesday, which coincides with when we plan to head west! 

And that's about enough for this week. 

No comments: