Saturday, June 7

News Update

We've experienced another beautiful week on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. Reactine is keeping my hay fever at bay, so I'm doing pretty well. I've been able to get out to the golf course a few times, and I feel like my swing is showing signs getting back into the groove. Unfortunately, even at its best, my game is not so great, but I enjoy it all the same. Wendy has been away all week in Parksville, and I've been trying to get some upstairs renovations moving forward while she's away. I have it rewired, drywalled and everything has at least the first coat of mud, so I'm satisfied. Wendy is expected back just after midnight, then we'll see whether she is satisfied with it! The markets have turned positive this week and I managed more than quota, so I feel well blessed there. The final series has begun in hockey. The Blackhawks failed to advance so I'm cheering for the Rangers in the final, all the while predicting the Kings to win! Sigh! Blue Jays continue to play well, holding first place at this point in the season. 

Eric/A took a bike trip down the west coast to California to see the mighty redwoods! They had a great time by all accounts with favourable weather and beautiful scenery. Liam spent most of the week on a school camping trip. Haaken and Grandma were charged with taking care of things at home, and that seemed to work out very well. 

Kristian was able to get a different anti-histamine which relieves his hay fever while still allowing him to remain awake! That is helpful for his school work! Otherwise things seem to be about the same for Erin & Kristian in Regina. 

Trav & Joanna continue to have photo shoots with hockey teams in the summer leagues, and have also had a call from a lacrosse team. Puckshots has turned into a lucrative business for them. We've managed to share several suppers this week, which is a bonus for me. Thanks guys! Gemma and Andrew are into their last month of school. 

And that's about it for this week. 

No comments: