Saturday, September 21

News Update

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. It's been a busy week. Wendy, who was supposed to have two shifts, has been called in everyday. I've had a plague of meetings and a doctor's visit to add to my usual schedule. Being retired is not so easy; I don't know how I ever got things done while I was working! The visit to the surgeon did not go as planned. The plan was for freezing and doing office surgery, but after he examined the cyst growing on my back, he decided to reschedule me to an operating theatre at the hospital, so that's now set for October 8th. Along with the school bus driving, I've had some other work-related meetings this week, and then there's the markets! Investors have struggled to figure out which way to send values, and I've struggled to figure out which way they will jump next! As a result, it's been a down week for me, so I'll have to work on recovery next week. The Riders also had a down week after falling out of first place. We hope they begin a new winning streak against BC tomorrow. Baseball is playing out the regular season and there are some interesting playoff races attracting my attention. Golf is in the final playoff tournament; I'm enjoying watching that. 

Liam is completing the preseason with his hockey team; we're hoping he manages his first goal soon. Haaken has been reworking the story boards for the movie. The production meeting with the family will consider his progress. Both boys are back in youth group activities. Eric completed his pre-employment activities with a pass on his TB test. He starts on Monday with the Nanaimo Association for Community Living. Erica met a couple of Danish ladies on her seaplane ride back from the Education Law Conference meeting. They tried to help her pronounce Ulrich and Krogsgaard!

Erin and Kristian celebrated his birthday this week; and it has taken a week, from his actual birthday on Monday to his bowling event this weekend! Kristian also lost an eighth tooth, on his eighth birthday! Otherwise it's been a good week at home, school and tae kwon do. Kristian is giving that a try this year. 

Trav added a new gold iPhone to his business this week! He's been very busy drafting his hockey team for the new season. Joanna continues to be too busy at work. Gemma and Andrew are beginning well at school. 

And that's about enough for this week.

No comments: