Saturday, August 31

News Update

Another beautiful week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. Wendy has cleaned the pool in anticipation of us taking it down and putting it away after the long weekend. We have started up the hot tub, and enjoyed using it a bit. I keep practising golf, but haven't played a round this week. The hydro people came by and announced they were taking down two more trees along our back fence that are under the line—where were they when I needed them to take down the first thirteen?! Anyway, those trees are gone, and I have a few yards of mulch to use along the cedars. The markets have continued their troubled ways, with DOW down 5% for the month, but TSX was up 1.3% and I'm over quota for the last two months now. I've begun preparations for school to start next week, driving my bus route on Wednesday to re-familiarize myself. Wendy started work at Liquidation World; she seems to be enjoying it. The Riders play their traditional Labour Day game against Winnipeg tomorrow afternoon. The Jays keep entertaining us, but they are not doing a lot of winning! I am enjoying watching the playoffs in golf.

Eric/A enjoyed hosting their friends from Kenora this week. 

Erin and Kristian flew home on Sunday to Regina. Kristian is enjoying camp/day care this week, while Erin gets caught up on things at work. 

Trav & Joanna keep very busy with work. Trav is also preparing for the hockey season, both for work and play. Gemma and Andrew are ready for school; they will be together at the same school this year. 

And that's about it for this week.

No comments: