Saturday, February 18

News Update

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. Wendy is in Regina, so I'm trying to be chief cook and babysitter! The weather has been mild and what snow we have is shrinking. Apparently, January was the warmest on record, as we seem to have only had one week of winter so far. The markets have continued to bounce over Grecian concerns, but I managed to have a good week, and am about on par for where I should be at this point of the month. I've been back to the school buses this week and got caught up on my safety courses, so I'm ready to drive again if something short term comes up. We're still trying to work out our schedule, but the doctors in Regina are not giving us much of a hint on their schedule. Dad has been making progress, but there is now some concern over other health issues, so he endured a colonoscopy this week, and other tests are being considered. He gets bit of physio at the hospital, but we look forward to a more aggressive program of rehabilitation when he's ready for it. Being a frequenter of the hospital has allowed Wendy to catch up with our cousin, Danielle. The news is not good. Cancer has spread. This is not how it is supposed to be for such a young person; well, for any person as far as that goes. We hurt for that young family. The Canadian Women's Curling championship has begun, so I'll be busy in front of the TV for the next week!

Eric/A and crew have been clearing a rink in the river in front of their house. Actually, from the photo, I can't tell how big of a crew is involved in that job!

Erin and Kristian have had a good week. It's report card time, so Erin was in for the Parent-Teacher interviews. This is a long weekend, and she's gone to Winnipeg to visit with Mark. I'm babysitting Kristian and Sadie.

Travis, Joanna and crew are off to Disney World for a week, so I am  babysitting their dog, Mini, while they're away. 

And that's about it for this week.

No comments: