Saturday, November 26

News Update

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. The weather turned nice during the week and the snow disappeared, but it's baaaack! We got up this morning to a fresh blanket of the white stuff. So, I was back to the driveway scraping program once again. I've been feeling poorly most of the week, a touch of flu, I think. Erin was also sick, but more severely, with flu-like symptoms, so I think that maybe my flu shot kept me from getting it worse. Anyway, I've been feeling achy all over, like I was taken apart and put together wrong! I'm guessing today's snow work won't ease the situation, and I'm glad Mark helped out with the shovelling. Markets have continued very bad, with the US recording its worst Thanksgiving week since 1932. TSX is down over 15% again on the year, so while I've taken a small loss again, I am reconfirmed in the signals that keep me out of the market at this time. If I didn't have a few small buy & hold accounts (Not recommended by my investment training!), I wouldn't have recorded any losses at all! BC and Winnipeg won their divisions and have advanced to the Grey Cup tomorrow in Vancouver. I really enjoyed the Vanier Cup (university football) game last night. I drove bus on Friday as a spare. 

Wendy had a senior moment early in the week. She was commenting, "One of the old ladies at Walmart got a permanent position; well, actually, she's not that old. She's younger than I am." I probably laughed too long when she said that, because by the time I stopped there was a noticeable chill in the air! She finished her Walmart work on Friday, and celebrated by buying two more TVs; that woman is a TV-buying machine! 

Erin has had a good week except for the illness. She got good news that Kristian has been readmitted to Speech Therapy. And she's enjoying company this weekend. She is owner of one of the new TVs. 

Travis is the owner of the other new TV. He keeps busy with hockey and work. His Elks are still undefeated in league play. He's celebrating the return of Crosby to the Penguins; Sid returned impressively with great play and scoring. He's also celebrating a birthday this weekend; Mark has arrived to help celebrate, I guess, although he doesn't seem to be spending any time with Trav! Anyway, we had a big party here tonight in recognition of the occasion. Joanna, Gemma and Andrew, along with assorted other friends helped make it a nice time. 

And that's about it for this week. 

No comments: