Saturday, May 21

News Update

Another sunny week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my home town. The warm weather has brought on my seasonal hay fever, so I've been sneezing and hacking, and wondering whether I should scratch my eyeballs! So, I'm back on the reactine and eyedrops, and that improves things a lot, but it's still an uncomfortable season. I have a couple of sessions of golf practice—now to take it to the course! It's the Victoria Day long weekend, so the clouds have moved in and we're expecting showers! It's been another difficult week in the markets, and I've experienced a small loss. I'm now down about 1% this month, but I remain about 50% invested, and ready if we can get an upturn. Bus driving has continued to go well, and with the fine weather I've enjoyed riding the bike each day. It's a bit of hassle with the traffic on the way home each afternoon.

Wendy has continued to be very busy with the shoe department at Wally World. They've recently expanded to a Super Walmart, so she sometimes comes home with food surprises. She is still suffering a lot of foot discomfort, so spending that much time on her feet is not a recommended therapy, but she keeps at it and occasionally heads to the gym just to enhance the suffering experience. It's a head-shaker!

Erin has continued to have a busy time at Budget. She had an interview for another job, but lost out in the final decision. Still it does seem to have motivated her current employers to consider upgrading her situation. Kristian is doing well. He is motivated to read, and is getting into the little books they have for him at school. He also got a special treat when uncle Trav got him a Master Yoda Star Wars book!

Trav is doing fine. Stanley Cup playoffs are currently in the semi-finals and the Canucks are still doing well, leading their series two games to one. Joanna had surgery this week, so she's rather tender. However, she seems to be doing well. Her mom has come to help out while she recovers.

And that's about it for this week.

No comments: