Saturday, June 12

News Update

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. The weather has cooperated nicely as we got some more rain, and enough sun to get out to the golf course a couple times. The markets were difficult, but there was some progress as the week went on, and I am encouraged. I didn't make any sales, but I now have some of my holdings into profit territory. I've been stuck at 10.8% long enough! The garden is progressing, and Erin will take care of it while we travel for the next few weeks. The back lawn is looking great, but the reseeded portion of the front is doing poorly—just didn't get good germination in the unusually warm weather this spring. I'll have to over-seed in the Fall when things have cooled down. The Chicago Black Hawks finished off Philadelphia to win the Stanley Cup, so I'm celebrating along with them. The Blue Jays and the Riders will dominate my sports' attention for the next while.

Wendy is continuing to recover from her damaged ankle and knee. She's getting around pretty well, but she is still experiencing an unfair amount of pain. I think she's got our travel arrangements in place; we plan to leave here next Wednesday. We're currently dealing on a Mac Mini computer for her. We were hoping to get it delivered today, but not so far!

Erin's work has been getting more and more busy as summer comes on. It's going well, and she still enjoys most of it! We're taking Kristian travelling with us next week, so she's fretting about how much she'll miss him.

Trav keeps busy with work. He got a lesson in website hosting this week, as one failed. He seems to have that on the road to recovery, as the files have been found, and the hosting arrangement re-established. He was instrumental in helping us get Wendy's new computer.

And that's about it for this week.

No comments: