Saturday, November 14

News Update

Another week has passed on the shore of Lake Superior in my hometown. The weather has been very nice, and we've been enjoying that. We've been kept a little busy at church with the removal of the pews and the refinishing of the floor. Wendy has been scouting, researching and negotiating for the purchase of chairs. The markets have continued troublesome, and, at least to me, unpredictable! However, I have managed to make a few sales and gained 0.3%, so I'm at 3.6% after seven weeks, which is just slightly above expectations. I've been able to do a bit of helpdesk work for two of my old schools. One has even assured me they will pay me for it! What a concept! During the end of this week I've been enjoying watching the pre-Olympic trials in curling. The eight teams for both the men's and women's trials are now set. Of course my favourite, Kevin Martin, is among the group. I now look forward to the Olympic trials curling in early December.

Wendy has continued with her medical work-ups. It has been confirmed that she is diabetic, but they're hoping to control it with diet and exercise (I hope to benefit from that program as well!) for now. She is also getting an upgrade on her thyroid medication, so we hope that helps.

Erin finally got laid off from the job she quit at the beginning of the summer, but she has now been hired for another full-time job, so I'm still not clear when schooling will take place. Not only that, but even this week as the date of her lay-off passed, her old job was still asking her why she wasn't at work!! Kristian is doing very well with his schooling, his language development and his tormenting of the new puppy! Sadie has learned several locations that can serve as at least a temporary sanctuary from him.

Travis has had a busy week with many hockey games, and his team is in a tournament this weekend, so he's getting his fill of that. Still, he seems to be well-engaged in coaching, and doing a good job with it. From time to time, we have a bit of discussion about that as well as our investments.

And that's about it for this week.

No comments: