Saturday, February 21

News Update

Another week has rolled by, and we have been far from the shore of Lake Superior, my home town! The week has been spent in Texas, where we have enjoyed the hospitality and celebration of our family culminating in the marriage of Jonathan and Jennifer.

We moved in with Verner & Linda upon our arrival in Texas. Thank you for taking care of us so generously! We enjoyed family days all week long. Wendy enjoyed much shopping, and exploring (unintentionally) most of northeast Dallas! It seems she got lost every time she went for a drive!

I got out for two golf games. The first, in Dallas, was with my brother, Viggo, at a course ominously named Waterview! I viewed a bit of water courtesy of my snap hook, and ended with a score of 88. After correction for two triples, this score actually helped my handicap–dropping it to 15.0. Then on Friday afternoon, Viggo and I joined our nephews, Jon & Luc, for a game at Round Rock. I didn't play well at all, and ended with a 98! That did not help my handicap, as it must have pushed one of my better scores out of consideration and my handicap rose to 15.3. But, I certainly had fun, and got more practise than most!

Saturday was the wedding day. It was a joyous affair (read: many tears were shed!), and we wish Jon & Jennifer well in their life together.

We have had email and VOIP contact with the crew back in Thunder Bay. All seems to be going well. Fresh snow has fallen while we've enjoyed our +20 climes in Texas! Kristian had his CT Scan on Friday, but we don't have any results to report yet.

And that's the kind of week it's been.

No comments: