Saturday, February 9

News Update

A fine week of weather helps us enjoy another week on the shore of Lake Superior. Other areas were not so fortunate, as tornadoes ravaged our American friends, and blizzards closed down Toronto.

I am back on Noroxin, an antibiotic that my oncologist hopes will improve the health of my prostate and allow the efficacy of PSA tests. Thus on Friday, I also returned to the lab for more blood work. We'll see how that turns out! My ankle is improving apace, and my fracture physician allowed as how it was looking good when I checked in with him this week—not even an excuse slip to get me out of dance class!

It's been a busy week of work, as we enjoy our annual conference on Wednesday through Friday. I have workshops on two of the days. The workshops go well, and I am also glad to get a new MacBook as my payback! Another workshop I have organized does not go so well as my presenter can't get out of Toronto due to the blizzard, and there is quite a scramble to set up computer connections so she can provide the workshop remotely. In the end, that workshop is also called a success thanks to dedicated people going the extra mile and the technological wizardry of some of my friends here in the NSRA.

Wendy keeps busy with home and Kristian. Erin has good news as she will be fully funded for the university day care through my tax dollars! (It's nice to notice the benefit on occasion!) This also provides considerable relief as we look toward our anticipated month-long trip scheduled to begin on the 19th.

And that's about it for this week.

No comments: