Monday, November 27

Consolidation

I completed this round of school tours in early November. Then I was off to London for training in our new Student Management System (SMS) from Maplewood. This is the same SMS we were using at Western in Dauphin, so I have some familiarity with it. However, it has gone through several upgrades since then, and I didn't know much about it then! Karen took care of all that stuff! So, I get three days of training so I can assist my schools to install the SMS and begin using it to handle all our student data. Now this is quite a jump for all of them—the most advanced had been using a spreadsheet to keep biographical data. All others were still using only paper files. Anyway, I get the training, and I prepare a rollout plan, and I begin getting them going, one by one.

I also have my regular meetings with the regional professional network centre, and at the office. The sum of my activities are that things are coming together, moving along, or however one might wish to describe making progress. My schools are getting their reports in; the SMS is getting installed; the program is developing. Oh, there's still a lot left to do, but right now it's time to consolidate these early gains.

Later, we'll be ready for another push forward.

No comments: